Christmas is a time for cheer, family, friends, and of course, decorations! If you’re looking for a fun, easy, and affordable way to dress up your home for the holiday season, look no further than paper decorations. You can make everything from ornaments to wreaths out of paper, and the best part is that most of the supplies you need are probably already in your home.
What you will need
To get started, you’ll need some basic supplies: paper, tape, scissors, and a stapler. You can use any type of paper you want, but for best results use something with a lot of color and texture. Construction paper, wrapping paper, and holiday-themed paper are all great options.
How to make a paper Christmas tree
Making your own paper Christmas tree is a fun, easy, and affordable way to get into the Christmas spirit. Here is a simple tutorial on how to make a paper Christmas tree:
- Cut a piece of green construction paper into a triangular shape. The triangle should be as wide at the bottom as it is tall.
- Cut a piece of red construction paper into a triangular shape that is slightly smaller than the green triangle.
- Glue the red triangle onto the top of the green triangle.
- Cut a small star out of yellow construction paper and glue it to the top of the red triangle.
- Use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of the tree.
- Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to fit around the top of the tree.
- Thread the ribbon through the hole and tie it into a knot.
Now your paper Christmas tree is ready to be displayed!
How to make a paper garland
A paper garland is a fun and easy way to dress up any party or celebration. You can make them in any colors or patterns that you like, and they’re a great way to use up scraps of paper from other projects.
To make a paper garland, you will need:
- Scraps of paper in different colors and patterns
- A ruler
- A pencil
- A sharp knife
- A cutting mat
- A stapler
- Cut a piece of paper measuring 24 inches by 6 inches.
- Fold the paper in half lengthwise, then fold it in half again.
- Use the ruler to draw a line across the paper at the 3-inch mark.
- Cut along the line.
- Open the paper up and fold it in half.
- Staple the two ends together.
- Repeat steps 2-6 to create as many garlands as you need.
How to make a paper star
Paper stars are a classic craft project that can be made in a variety of colors and sizes. They are perfect for decorating a window or Christmas tree, and they are also a popular choice for New Year’s Eve celebrations.
To make a paper star, you will need:
- Paper in a variety of colors
- A ruler
- Start by folding a piece of paper in half twice to create a four-layered star. Then, cut along the folded lines to create eight triangular pieces.
- Next, unfold the paper and re-fold it in half so that the two shorter ends of the paper are touching. Then, fold the corners of the paper in to the center so that they meet in the middle.
- Finally, cut along the folded lines to create eight more triangular pieces.
- To assemble the star, unfold it and fan out the triangular pieces. Starting with the pointed end of a triangle, glue it to the center of one of the larger pieces. Repeat this process until the star is fully assembled.
Your paper star is now ready to be decorated and displayed!
How to make a paper gift
Making a paper gift is a very easy and fun activity. All you need is some paper, scissors, and tape.
- Start by folding a piece of paper in half.
- Next, cut out a shape from the folded paper. It can be anything you like, such as a heart, star, or Christmas tree.
- Finally, tape the cut-out shape to the outside of the folded paper.
And that’s it! You have now made a beautiful paper gift.